So I was supposed to be in san diego this weekend but Friday morning I woke up feeling like my stomach hated me. Dragged my ass to work still to spread my germs around but finally gave in to my discomfort and went home in the afternoon. There is nothing worse then feeling like you have to vomit but not being able to. urgh. I decided that it was probably best not to attempt to try and go out of town and just rested. Felt better on saturday and went on a little walk with M to catch up with her life. From her stories of teaching high school kids, I swear it makes me fear for our future generations. Kids can be evil, manipulative little creatures it seems. They must be watching too much of the O.C. Anyhow, I rested up for 2 social events after that (I needed to nap to prepare myself to stay up past 11pm - so sad).
The first party I went to was very international - my manager had a housewarming at his new studio in Palo Alto. The mix was all French folks, 1 albanian, 1 bulgarian, 1 iranian and me. It was weird being the most american of the bunch. If only I knew a little French, I could have totally practiced. After that, I headed to the city to this bar called Swig. It was near downtown/union square and had a pretty fun vibe. The bar was packed but I wasn't drinking anyways so it didn't matter. It was a dragonboat party (celebrating someone's engagement) so I knew lots of people.
Sunday was punishment for my partying the day before - my stomach upset came back to haunt me and I ended up lolling in bed for the entire day. I finally watched the end of Sports night and National treasure (pretty fun movie surprisingly).
The other M convinced me to take Monday off from work to rest some more but of course I feel completely better now so I feel weird not being at work. Oh well. The day I rest from work is never the day I usually feel the crappiest healthwise. Weird that is.
1 comment:
i hope your tummy is feeling better!
Post a Comment