After that blog posting a few weeks ago about marrying rich, my parents found me a rich doctor. My parents are now on vacation most of the time and they just came back from a 2 week cruise to Alaska and told me they met a nice Taiwanese couple with an eligible son. He called me yesterday and basically talked to me for over an hour. I say talked to me because seriously he told me his life story for that hour. I barely got a word in. I know I've said that chatty guys would be nice but I think I mean chatty guys who occasionally ask me questions. I'm not the type to just babble on endlessly about my life but clearly other folks don't have that problem. Luckily I was interested to hear about his life so this is what I found out:
1) He is very close to his family (of course). He said when he was in London for his last summer abroad in college, he ended up calling his parents so much that at one point his dad had to tell him not to call home so much.
2) He is 40 and going to make partner at Kaiser soon. He's a neurosurgeon/radiology person of some sort. For his birthday, he is bringing a cordon bleu professional chef to cook at his house for his friends and him. He is also a wine lover.
3) He lives in a 4000 square foot house in Redwood city. Alone. That's a lot of house for one person. I even know how much he paid for the house.
Halfway through the phone conversation, I got a big sense of deja vu and realized that his speaking inflections reminded me a lot of the last doctor family setup guy I dated. eek.
After all that and knowing how successful he is, he ended with asking if I wanted coffee sometime. I guess people just don't do dinner any longer these days do they. With a guy like this, I feel almost cheated that all I would get is a $3 cup of coffee :) It would be perfect to have a nice expensive dinner with him - he could talk and I could just eat and eat.
7 comments:
An apology to all the 40 year olds out there, but YS, please don't date a 40 year old. Sure I have one friend who is married to one (though she was only 35 at the time), but I barely talk to him. Knowing that a friend is dating a 40 year old...making me feel old.
40 year olds are reserved for coworkers and old relatives. =)
Sorry (I may have just ruined your date). The problems with unrestricted blog access, I guess. =/
how about suggesting coffee in NYC?... but then, you'd be in a confined space within very close proximity of him for 6 hours...
First of all, how awesome is it that jd has suddently become the new relationship expert? A month is too long! Don't date old people!
Second, this post coupled with the last ones had the little feminist who sits on my shoulder shaking her fist at you.
Heh, I was waiting for u to respond with the observed irony.
Now if the 40 yr old were Brad Pitt, well...
But he's 42!
That's funny. I was going to make the brad pitt comment.
ugh! that is all i have to say :O
Post a Comment