Thursday, June 01, 2006

48 hrs

M flew down from seattle last Friday and we jaunted off to vegas Sunday afternoon to meet L/D/S. Or should I say L/S/D. Hee. I hadn't been to Vegas in a few years but short trips are best for this city I think with a minimum on sleep. The temperature was the mildest I have ever experienced - only in the 90's with a cool breeze. Amazing. We immediately started walking down the strip, shopping along the way and met up with the others in the Venetian at a noodle place called NoodleAsia. yummy. I liked it even if others didn't. It was off to watch Avenue Q next in the Wynn. That was entertaining though puppet sex isn't as original for me to see after watching Team America a few years ago. Still funny though.

The next day was lunch buffet at Treasure Island - I was a bit disappointed by the food choices - for some reason, I was mentally thinking of breakfast food but the dessert didn't disappoint. They had fresh hot donuts coming out of the machine though they were cake doughnuts - the most caloric of them all. But fresh ones were yummy. The afternoon was a shopping binge of massive proportions. Fashion show mall (M and I missed the fashion show) and then the shops at Caesar's palace where I was in raptures for all the designer stores. I was treated so well at the James Perse store (they gave me free bottled water) that I felt compelled to buy. I'm easily bribed. Then my shoes gave out so I had to buy new shoes that were more comfortable. Shopping is exhausting though and finally M and I had to call it quits and trudged back to our oh so exciting hotel (Excalibur - the cheapest to find this memorial day weekend).

Dinner was at a new hotspot Tao in the Venetian. The bathrooms were a bit entertaining - instead of men/women on the doors, it had Yin/Yang. Imagine if you were drunk and had to stare at those doors in bafflement...

No comments: