Tuesday, May 09, 2006

go mingle!

So my sister's coworker J is always trying to create opportunities for singles to gather together. So when she asked if I wanted to join her group for drinks/dinner at Pedro's last Friday (cinco de mayo), I said sure. I brought M along since I thought she might be interested in meeting some new folks. So we arrive and immediately get introduced to a bunch of people. There were lots of guys there (all single) but it all became a blur and I quickly lost track of names. One thing to note is that J is about 6 years older than us so since most of the guys there were her bf's friends, they were in their late 30's/early 40's. Anyhow, it was fun chatting with random people but everytime I talked to J, she would push me away and say "Go mingle!". I was starting to get a bit annoyed. I had forgotten how pushy she was about stuff like this (the last time I hung out with her, she told my sister I needed to talk more and be more social). At dinner even, she kept saying "you and M need to sit apart. We need to do boy/girl/boy/girl". Sigh. It was all a little much for me.

No comments: