Now that I'm married, I'm getting different hysterically weird emails from my dad. My dad had asked if we wanted to go to Taiwan with them over thanksgiving and we figured that could maybe possibly be fun since C hasn't really been before.
So now I saw this on my android today. We were cc'ed on an email my dad sent back to his friend in Taiwan who was asking when we would be going:
"Dear ...:
My wife is concerned if YL gets 2-3 months pregnant before going to Taiwan in November this year, therefore, for the safety of the baby, we rather wait until October for the decision if YL can really go or not.
"
Huh. Not sure why they think we would start trying to have a baby immediately. We're thinking of all these ski trips to plan for the next ski season. Also it kind of offends me that somehow they are going to think I'm not allowed to do anything once I am pregnant. It's like I'm going to be swaddled in pillows and not allowed to exercise and somehow airplanes just won't be safe any longer. That's ridiculous. And notice that it is for the safety of the baby and not even if I'm feeling sick or anything which I think would be more of the concern. I'm just the incubator and of no importance.
4 comments:
Maybe they think you'd get all broody like your chickens.
want mine? He/she will be half ... pretty sure that's good enough to pass.
To be a little fair to your parents, we nixed vacationing in Sydney or Europe because a flight that long is pretty grueling. And with a suppressed immune system, you're guaranteed to pick up every bug on board. On the other hand, I'm not worried about a 6 hour flight to NYC.
Really? Just 2-3 months? I'm surprised they're not hoping for closer to 5 months along by Nov. Come on, you've already been living together, you didn't get a head start? :)
This is only the beginning Yi Ling. D's parents leave us vmails all the time with things like "we won't be home until 9:00 p.m. don't bother calling (skyping)back...we know Emma will already be asleep...not that we don't want to talk to you at all, but you know..." When we do call back, they just talk too/watch Emma. We no longer exist.
Post a Comment