Thursday, April 27, 2006

family happenings

So L and I went home to LA this past weekend and it has taken me a week to recover. Just kidding. Finally found time to blog about it. There is much drama going on with my cousins right now and we found outselves smack dab in it. First, my younger cousin got engaged to her long time bf and we found ourselves in a lunch to have the two families meet. We were there because my cousin needed my parents to go since her parents don't speak any English and her fiance's family is filipino. Needless to say her parents didn't say a single word the whole time so it was all a bit awkward. I was situated at the kiddie table so all was fine there but my only comment is if you ever order chinese food for chinese people, please do not order sweet and sour pork or lemon chicken. For the love of god. That was the strangest assortment dishes I have ever encountered and it didn't leave a good impression on those who are pickier about these things than I am.

My cousin asked me to be her bridesmaid. Then she caveated it with "but if you want to save it for a friend, that's fine too. Since you know that saying, 'always a bridesmaid, never a bride'". Hrm. I agreed to be in her wedding provided that the dress wasn't pink. Though I'm starting to like pink. Hot pink. Like this trek bike that I'm eyeing.

No comments: