My car is completely brown now. I kid you not. Another weekend trip to tahoe has made it unrecognizable. This weekend I went up with V/P to do 2 days of skiing. The first day was at Homewood which is on the west side of tahoe with massive views of the lake. I liked this place a lot though V thought the lifts were too slow but I liked the runs and the lack of people on the blues. I almost had a heart attack when V pointed me to one blue and I looked over the edge and it looked like a straight drop to me. I looked back at her and was like "are you sure this is a blue?".
We hit sugarbowl today which was a bit icy but the sun was out in full force. For those who know me, you know how paranoid i am about the sun so I had every exposed part of my body covered. I wore the full face mask despite it being a sunny day - I wasn't taking any chances. We convinced P to come on the blues with us but then we hit a steep one and he went tumbling down. After that, we stopped torturing him. I have never been to the top of the Mt Lincoln lift before and on a clear day, it is gorgeous! Unfortunately coming down the run was windy, icy and crowded. I took out a small child - oops. He seemed to recover ok though. I on the other hand had to spend the next 10 minutes trying to get my ski back on.
The drive home was torturous as usual even though we got on the road early. V brought an audiobook called "YOU: The Owner's Manual : An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger". It was all about how we should live and take care of our bodies. I don't think it was working though - when he started talking about how we shouldn't eat junk food like doughnuts and such, I started craving doughnuts. mmmm. crullers.
No comments:
Post a Comment