Wednesday, February 08, 2006

ski trip madness

Remember those college ski trips where 90 people crowded into 2 small houses which meant you had to hunt for a piece of carpet to sleep on? Hmm, maybe that was only our freshman ski trip that turned out that way. Well this last weekend was like that except we were 50 people in 4 very very nice houses. E/C are power organizers - it was incredibly impressive.

U and I got a group of people to go cross country skiing on sat (several first timers). Hopefully everyone had fun - it was a little hard to tell from the falling. JD kept tipping over but I couldn't tell if it was on purpose or not. On Sunday, I hauled U out of bed early (she looked a bit groggy still) and we offtrail cross country skiing. The first place we hit was soo icy that we feared for our life (though we did see sled dogs! soooo cute). We found this large meadow with nice powder which was perfect. On the map we knew there was a lake though somewhere under there so we were also a little nervous.

So U and I drove up with this couple we didn't really know but I figured it would be ok. Thank god U was there in the car with me in retrospect. These folks were sooo quiet (and really hard to talk to). It made me wonder how the couple ever started dating in the first place.

1 comment:

u said...

Another big downside of the quiet couple was that they did not seem to appreciate how funny we were! We were funny. So funny. Funny enough to be appreciated. (small tear runs down face)