Today we changed hotels to move up to the mountain town of Murren which was a little car free town on the way up to Schilthorn. Once again, I found out about this place through ciao bambino and honestly mostly found ourselves here because of the children's playground and
adventure trail description. In retrospect, I realized it may have been better to just have stayed in one place all week in Lauterbrunnen because that would have been more central to explore more mountains. But stepping off the train in Murren was breathtaking. Everywhere we looked was just amazing.
 |
Murren
|
It took us about 1.5 hours to get up here so we got here around lunch time and then just ate lunch and hit our daily playground fix. I was hoping to get another activity in but Hannah heard there was a pool at the hotel so that was what she wanted to do today. The pool had a great view of the mountains so that was really nice too. We worked on a bit of her swimming whereas Christopher is super scared of the water and just sat on the step watching. He eventually started looking a bit sleepy so I wrapped him up and put him on the lounge chair to watch us. He fell asleep eventually which probably messed him up and resulted in the most frustrating bedtime battle this whole trip. The first few nights had the advantage of jetlag but now not sure. Also they are pretty light sensitive and at 9pm, it was still pretty bright here which didn't help with not having super dark blinds.

Well at least it will be a new day tomorrow and we can reset. By the way, you may notice I never talk about naps. That's because we don't actually schedule naps. I used to try in previous trips but I don't actually recall the last time I've tried getting Christopher to nap in a bed. He usually just sleeps however he can manage. But today, he was tired on the way up to Murren. He pushed me off my train seat and laid down.
Playground of the day:
 |
| Small playground in Murren |
No comments:
Post a Comment