Anyhow I got to the airport around 3:30 even though Charles and the kids weren't due to arrive until 3:45 but I wanted to spend some time checking to make sure I knew which gate the train would be at and where the elevators where etc. They managed to get out of arrivals by 4:20 and the kids came running. Charles said it was the easiest flight ever since Christopher fell asleep an hour into the flight and didn't wake up again until the plane was about to land. Hannah just watched a few movies and then went to sleep. Flights this year have been super easy now that Christopher just dozes off on the plane without needing anything. We rushed over to get on the 4:40 train to Bern but then when we connected to the Interlaken train, it was just so crowded and a pain to move the luggage around. Coming off the train in Interlaken, it was raining a lot so out came the rain gear but Christopher managed to almost get hit by a bus in the parking lot because the umbrella obscured his vision. Hannah was exceptionally whiny and insisted on riding the stroller to the hotel and when we got there, we realized she was asleep. Ah. That's why.
Now we are settled into a 3 bedroom apartment at the Rossli Hotel. The owner was shocked that we rented the apartment when there are only 4 of us. What can I say? I like space.
Charles is beat because he actually stayed up all night on the flight reading Ready Player One. I am actually happy about this because I have been pestering him to read this book for the last year or so.
![]() |
| View from the outdoor deck of cloudy skies |

No comments:
Post a Comment