Monday, January 17, 2011

snowshoeing



It was the annual E/C ski trip this year and this trip had the highest number of kids so far. There were 10 couples and only 3 of them (including us) didn't have children. In addition to that, 4 of the couples that went were expecting! So I guess next year will only have more babies. In any case, we went snowshoeing this year at Donner Memorial State Park - finally another usage of our california state parks pass. At this rate, we'll only end up using it 3 times for the year.

So our snowshoeing rate was very slow and even slower when we were making our own tracks. I found the right snowshoe trail since it was nicely packed down at the beginning of the loop but then when coming back I lost the trail and I didn't really want to stomp all over the cross country groomed trail (tho everyone else seemed to be doing it). As a result, we actually ended up on a random road and outside the park at the end and had to traverse some snowbanks to get back to the start.

Our route ended up being this:

No comments: