I'm sure there was more but I can't remember. That is of course due to pregnancy brain.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
A sample size of 1
So it's been kind of funny how people (notably my mom and my MIL) make sweeping generalizations about pregnancy based on sample sizes of 1 or 2. Some examples:
When I told my MIL we were having a girl: "I knew this would be the case. The first child is always a girl. (Hers was)"
Immune system: "I never got sick when pregnant. Your immune system is better when pregnant."
Nausea: "You must not be cooking meat any longer right? Because the smell of raw meat will make you gag?" When I told her that was not the case, she was completely taken aback and said "But that's how it was for me".
Induction: "Everyone gets scheduled for their delivery now. That's what happened to your cousin".
I'm sure there was more but I can't remember. That is of course due to pregnancy brain.
I'm sure there was more but I can't remember. That is of course due to pregnancy brain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
So I've actually been going out on dates for once. I know, it's shocking. But it is telling me what I like and don't like in a g...
-
So what does one do when you are watching TV with someone you met on eharmony and the cheesy eharmony commercial comes on (and you can't...
-
After that blog posting a few weeks ago about marrying rich, my parents found me a rich doctor. My parents are now on vacation most of the t...
2 comments:
You included that last line to piss me off, didn't you. - uk
of course i did
Post a Comment