Monday, November 05, 2007

indian summer

So saturday was V/P's wedding in Woodside at the Mountain Terrace on skyline. It was an amazingly sunny and warm day for November so that was a good sign. Megumi and I were manning the checkin table which was decorated with fruit from V's parent's tree in keeping with the fall theme. The whole vase was filled with pomegranates (and after seeing that they were selling for $3 each at andronico's yesterday, we think they could do good business selling it on the side). So the thing about outdoor weddings is the pain of the beating sun. We all needed stylish hats or something. It actually wasn't so bad for the guests since the sun was beating down on our backs but when I went up there to give my reading, I was completely blinded. (which gave me a good excuse to put my head down more to read. whee.)

One thing they did which was new was that they passed their wedding rings around for everyone to bless. I kept expecting them to get lost among the guests or something. It would have been awesome if someone passed back different rings to them.

It was a pretty small wedding which was nice because it felt very relaxed and comfortable. It was good to see folks I hadn't seen in a while and it was just such a gorgeous venue.

Oh yah, apparently the bride's side of the family are the partiers since the bride and groom ended up having to be the designated drivers for all the people who had drank too much. On the flip side, that meant I was briefly the owner of all their wedding presents and cash. (I was very very tempted to see what was in the tiffany box that they got).

No comments: