Tuesday, July 24, 2007

the other side of fog



We had a work offsite today to explore Angel Island - what this translated to was a hike up to the peak which I think surprised some people who weren't wearing the right shoes or were in jeans. What shocked me the most was that I was prepared for the coldest bay weather possible which was good on the ferry but Angel Island itself was extremely hot and sunny. And I was without good sunblock or hat. As you can imagine I was quite perturbed but I tried to move bangs around to cover up my forehead at least. A coworker had some spf 15 sunblock which helped but this was quite a contrast from the last time I was on Angel Island where we hiked to the top only to discover a view of nothing but fog. Of course when we looked to the left at the city, we only saw fog but Tiburon was basking in the sun as seen in this picture.

Afterwards, we blew our quarterly budget at the Slanted Door which had a fixed price menu for our group. The shaken beef was delish as was the small grain rice. Dessert was included in the meal and was an assortment platter with things for all of us to try. mmmmmm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

copy cat... =P