Wednesday, July 18, 2007

finally up with the times

So this week after getting two friend requests, I finally created an account on facebook. As I was setting this up, I pondered what was really the point? I have accounts on orkut and friendster which have gone the way of the sunset clearly so what does facebook offer?

The answer is the ability to peer into all your friends lives. You can link in flickr and picasaweb albums and look at conversations between other people. Basically we live in a world of voyeurism. I think of it as a big fancy blog. Come to think of it I should just blog on there. But then you my captive audience of 3 would all have to join facebook.

Now I must go log on and see what people are up to.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey. I sent you one of the invitations!

DrYuen2005 said...

you're gonna spend hours on there. see you there. :)