So a lot of my relatives are farmers (chicken farms in modesto and pig farm in Taiwan) so I guess it was inevitable that I would suddenly have the desire to have my own chickens. I've been thinking of getting a pet recently but my own laziness in having a creature to take care of every day was deterring me. But then I realized the solution was to get a pet that would work for me plus I eat eggs every day and go through cartons at a rapid pace. The B&B we stayed at this weekend had a chicken coop and we checked it out too.
After we got back, I did more research online into chicken coops and realized that chickens in cities are a pretty recent phenomenon (a neighbor of mine has chickens and ducks - I see them on his front lawn sometimes). People have gone crazy building fancy chicken coops. We will do no less in our building of our solar powered, cam enabled, motion sensor operated egg collector conveyor belt chicken coop. I guess I'll get chickens too at some point :)
Apparently seattle is the place for chickens:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/pacificnw/2002/0120/cover.html
The hen spa gazebo is awesome:
http://henspa.com/gazebo.htm
Someone's custom made poulet chalet:
http://www.backyardchickens.com/coops/kreitz.html
No comments:
Post a Comment