
Guess that picture turned out a little smaller than I thought it would. Anyhow, this last weekend, D, Seattle M, C and I headed down south for wildflower weekend. D/Seattle M and I were doing the long course relay triathlon (half ironman distance). I knew that they would be working way harder than I would be. The relay wave was the last one and boy was I glad that I decided to wear a wetsuit - 65 degree water and EVERYONE had one. I could just float along and not work very hard. very nice. What I failed to realize that 1.2 miles in the lake seemed way longer than it was in the pool but probably because I kept sighting to see where I was (I don't like swimming without knowing where i am going). Midway, both my calves started to cramp and I had the real fear that I was going to drown but of course I couldn't let my teammates down so I just kept kicking it out (My calves are still sore today!). I even passed someone just floating on their back resting (I guess they weren't in much of a hurry). So my time was slower than I would have liked but I have a new goal for next year to improve. D went next after me for the bike ride (and had the distinction of taking out the oldest women in the race who also happened to be a nun and have a camera crew following her). Doh. It was almost 2pm by the time Seattle M started her half marathon in the brutal heat. Oy. I forgot to tell her it would be a brutal trail run and by the time she got back, she was also pretty wrecked. Basically wildflower beat us down but at least we are now real motivated to do better next year.
Oh yah. the best way to get random people to talk to you is to leave your tri numbers on your arms so everyone can see them and ask about them. Or maybe people will just think you don't wash properly.
The most fitting way to end the day was of course with margaritas. Then we all passed out. go Team solidarity!
2 comments:
hrm.. can I have you and m's pictures?
Hey YL, Seattle M was discomfited by the notion of being referred to as "Seattle M"--ask her about it next time you chat.
Post a Comment