So I biked to work yesterday just so I could get the free gift that work would be giving out if you did. I'm like a rabbit with a carrot. Anyhow, I took the stevens creek trail to get to work where I encountered joggers and many many other cyclists. I even saw someone on a unicycle! I made sure to stay far away from him. I probably had more scary moments biking on this trail than on any commute on central oddly enough. Probably because I was somewhat weighted down on one side with my pannier and then having to make sharp turns to go up the bike bridges. Also I didn't really appreciate hitting potholes and gravel. eek. This is when I guess bigger tires would be better.
When I got to work (35 minutes later), I saw hordes of people in cycling clothes which was pretty awesome because I totally didn't feel like I stood out. At the free gift table, I encountered Deb from stanford who I didn't realize worked there and has been for like the last 5 years. She was the one in charge of bike to work day festivities. funny. My free gift was a bike pump that attaches to the frame of your bike. yay.
No comments:
Post a Comment