Wednesday, May 23, 2007

doggy heaven

So I wasn't sure what to expect after reading all these reviews on Yelp about Ft Funston but yes they are quite right - it is doggy heaven. I hadn't heard of this place before but it's located right next to Lake Merced (actually real close to where I used to dragonboat). And it's where everyone brings their dogs to play. It's basically a beach - a very windy beach but I've decided if you ever wanted to decide what kind of dog you wanted, just come hang out here for a few hours. You will see every breed go by. All very well behaved of course.

We were there to celebrate mbaV's 30th birthday. Her mom made some wonderfully delicious indian food which we tried to eat in the blowing wind. I had this frightful image that the paper plate would fly up and throw all the rice in my face. Knowing me, this would be very likely to happen but surprisingly did not. Sdog and G showed up with their own 3 dogs and mbaV's sister and family showed up with their new adorable chocolate lab puppy in tow. Once we felt like we had enough dogs in tow to be legitimate, we headed down to the beach and lounge. It was wonderfully warm down on the beach and watching all the dogs playing made me want my own dog. Of course then all the wet dogs invaded and tried to lick me and that thought went away for now (esp in my nice new clean house).

No comments: