It was a whirlwind weekend so it was fitting that I went to D/E's wedding which was a whirlwind engagement (he proposed after 7 months). The wedding was at 10am and just looking at the program, I could tell this was going to be a long one. But I've decided that when half the program is singing, it actually goes faster than one thinks. Especially if the singing is all in Chinese. Also, imagine my surprise when the French priest suddenly started speaking in Mandarin. wow. impressive. The altar boys up with the priest were also these uber trendy asian guys (dyed hair plus funky glasses). It went well with the look of the bridal party when they came down. I have never seen such glamorously done hair (extensions, glitter in everyone's hair, plus some fun braiding). Then it dawned on me that these folks must been awake since the crack of dawn to get their hair done for a 10 AM wedding.
Anyhow, the wedding was of course a mini reunion of all these people from my dragonboat team that I hadn't seen in a while (we had 3 tables). I have this feeling this is the trend of the future that everyone at the 3 tables was a couple except for me and another girl. I even got a chance to talk to the groom who told me I could have brought a date but I always thought it was bad form to ask if you could bring someone after you had already rsvped. Actually the book of etiquette confuses me on this point. Seattle M had lectured me the week before that you should never ever ask if you can bring a date to a wedding if the wedding invite clearly did not list you both or didn't say you plus guest. Her reasoning was that it puts the bride and groom in an awkward spot if you ask because it's hard for them to say no. I guess I have in the past asked to bring someone and the people I asked were very gracious about it so I didn't think anything of it. But clearly all wedding invitations require much scrutiny.
1 comment:
You've entered the era of dinner parties for 3, 5, and 7.
Post a Comment