Wednesday, April 18, 2007
the married vibe
So apparently I give off the vibe that I'm married. I ran into a coworker at the yerba buena center Sat night and he asked if C was my husband. When I talked to him on Monday, he still was talking about how he assumed I was married because I was talking about house renovations and yardwork. Hrm. Today I took a cooking lesson and while chatting with the teacher (someone I had freecycled a bunch of electronics to), she asked if I had any kids. I sort of replied back saying I wasn't married though I guess that is irrelevant to the having kids question. (don't people look for wedding rings any longer?). Anyhow I figured she assumed I was married because of the fact that I live in a house in a non typical single person area. So clearly the only way you are supposed to own your own home in this area is if you are married. Damn, it would help with the mortgage payments I gotta admit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
So I've actually been going out on dates for once. I know, it's shocking. But it is telling me what I like and don't like in a g...
-
So what does one do when you are watching TV with someone you met on eharmony and the cheesy eharmony commercial comes on (and you can't...
-
After that blog posting a few weeks ago about marrying rich, my parents found me a rich doctor. My parents are now on vacation most of the t...
1 comment:
I think for most people in the bay area, buying a house is SUCH a huge thing that it becomes manageable or necessary only when you're "settled".
Post a Comment