Monday, April 09, 2007

having a roommate again

for the weekend was really cool. Seattle M came in wed night and was my house mate until monday. of course this meant that I would end up with more milk and coffee in my fridge after her trip than before. Really, what does one do with 4 bottles of milk? We met up with teacher M for dinner at The Counter on thursday where they totally messed up teacher M's order. Their excuse was that she switched seats at our table which confused everything. Huh? Ok, whatever. Not sure if i want to go back there now. Though their sweet potato fries do rule.

Friday, we went to Zoya in the city which had the distinction of being connected to the Days Inn so we got to walk up some lovely astro turf to get to the restaurant. Despite the odd location, the food was pretty good and service was awesome (they forgot my mixed salad at first but comped it for me). Afterwards, we ate at Citizen cake where we realized the very complicated desserts on the menu were not as good as the ice cream they had on display.

Yes it is true that all I did this last weekend was eat.

Sat, C and I went for a ride to the oval where we watched all these folks play volleyball. We deduced they couldn't be students because they seemed utterly too relaxed (well some also seemed kind of old). Later that night we met up with the MIT folks for some grub and watched the 300. (I got a little tired of battle scenes after a while but at least everyone was scantily clad).

Sun, I introduced Seattle M to yoga and it was very entertaining. I forgot that she has trouble with left and right so I just kept laughing (i was sitting across from her). I do think yoga is not the right activity for her - she kept twitching and looking around during all the relaxation poses. Of course now my body is in muscular agony after not having gone for 2 months. ow. The treat for the night was that we discovered the famous SF shalimar now had a restaurant in sunnyvale. awesome and equally tasty.

3 comments:

Alan said...

Changing seats shouldn't cause problems with the contents of an order. Also, there's a Shalimar in Sunnyvale now?

Unknown said...

Heh. I think it's been there for like a year already. :)

Alan said...

Oh, sure, they put one in after I move away. Clearly I need to visit more often.