A few weeks ago, I was hanging at the ferry building in SF standing near my bike when a minivan pulled up and the driver asked me "How do I get to LA?". I was really surprised by this question since that wasn't what I was expecting to be asked. The minivan was full of luggage it seemed but I would have thought one would normally have an idea of how to get to LA. Or maybe own a map at least. I think I gave him some directions on how to get on the freeway but it's doubtful he would remember what I told him after that. I really should have just given him directions to SFO.
I just came back from visiting LA myself and those were the shortest security lines I have ever seen in a while. The security folks were even joking around with me and were very relaxed. Later I realized I had accidentally packed some banned materials (some lotion bottles). Guess they don't care much out here.
It was a surprisingly stress free weekend. Not much badgering from the parents. On Saturday we went on a hike in this park in Hacienda Heights. I was shocked by the sheer crowds of chinese people when we arrived. Massive groups of people all doing tai chi. My aunt said it was almost like being in Taiwan. On sunday, my cousin and I looked at bridesmaid dresses online for her wedding next year. Her only requirement is that the dress be in this one pastel shade but I could choose any style. She hopes that we can re-wear our dresses in the future but I'm thinking that lavender screams "bridesmaid dress".
No comments:
Post a Comment