- Driving now makes me feel guilty.
- I ended up driving 7 times total for the month. Man that sounds like more than I thought - I did feel extremely guilty every time I drove though and tried to combine all errands together. Hopefully this guilt will also get me to drive less next month (my being out of the country will also help)
- Bike commuters are friendly
- I talked to lots of people on the road. You have instant camaderie. So far, I have won the contenst of longest commute distance (14.5 miles). Oh and I'm still trying to "run into" again that tall German guy I met one day on the road.
- Gas prices go down when I'm not driving
- I saw the gas station today and It's gone down 20 cents since I stopped driving. Hmm.
- Friends are necessary to make this work
- or else you become a hermit. I had plenty of people driving me home after we met up.
- Podcasts/audiobooks are the bomb
- They kept me plenty amused on all the train rides I took.
On average every week, 50 miles a week of biking, 3 miles of walking, and 1 minute of sprinting to catch the train (really hard to do in sandals by the way - good thing i don't wear heels).
Public transit cost: $0
One fill up of gas: $42
No comments:
Post a Comment