Monday, September 26, 2005

time on the bike

So after a week of being sick and then frantically back into training, I finally did some long bike rides over this last weekend in preparation for the century which I'm woefully not ready for. But that's ok since there is always the SAG wagon.

I went cycling with the velogirls who meet up in Burlingame on Sat mornings. Took caltrain up there because I knew the ride would be coming down to my hood so seemed silly to drive. From burlingame, we came down crystal springs and then went up the other side of Ralston to alameda de las pulgas. The big hill for the ride was going up Moody to page mill which is a bitch of a climb. I was so tired that I had to stop and in the midst of stopping, I didn't clip out fully and fell over. gah. Second time in 2 weeks. suck. Thank god there was no one around me to see. Anyhow, it was a 65 mile ride in total and what really got me was that in the end i felt like my heartrate wasn't that high but my legs were so blasted tired.

Overall a pretty lowkey weekend (biking all day makes one tired for the rest of the weekend). Taking it easy this week to recover.

No comments: