So this last weekend, I did my first century bike ride which was a pretty fun experience despite all my stress about it in the weeks leading up to it. I went down to carmel with this girl from a local cycling club. She is in her mid 30's and was incredibly open to sharing all the details of her personal life. At least it made for an interesting car ride. The one thing she was very open about was how her dating life currently was. Apparently eharmony is the way to go. Hmm. It does have that longass questionnaire.
Anyhoo, I survived the ride - there were 4 rest stops thank goodness and it truly was nice and hilly. I gotta say that highway 1 is one tricky road. Every uphill curves around the coast so you think you're at the top. At least that kept me going.
The post party was at Hearst ranch and I gotta say that was the best bbq I have ever eaten - steak and bbq ribs. Plus open bar! This was one well sponsored event.
I met lots of very interesting folks- during the 100 mile ride, we remarked that there weren't very many women so you would think this would be a good opportunity to meet some eligible men. The thing is - cyclists in general are older. Like much older. Though as some of my friends might point out - "we're getting older too". I know - I know. I just don't want to accept that men in their 40's are really in my dating range. But lately, the social events I've gone to have had much older folks. I joined my friend A at his ski club's meeting this week and the first thing I realized was that these men were all in their 40's. At least.
Hmph. Maybe it's time to date younger.
1 comment:
Congrats on finishing, you rock!
Post a Comment