Friday, July 07, 2017

Dolomites bike tour Day 6: Merano to Bolzano

Shorter route today but I think we were one of the earlier groups to depart. Nicolas warned us that the van wouldn't leave until a little later so it would be possible to get to Bolzano before the van got there and end up having to wait. As a result, some families opted to go swimming in the morning before heading out. But I'm the type of bike tourer who likes to get on the road early so I had us head out in the morning anyways.
Apple trees!

It was a hillier route today but not too bad. I unfortunately did crash while I kept looking around and behind so ended up a little scraped up. The routing was a little more confusing today but good thing I had Google Maps to verify the general direction. Not sure how I did these bike tours in the past without this. Super hot today with not much shade on this route unfortunately. We biked through a lot of apple orchards though.

For lunch, we stopped at a nice shady biergarten and then we did the trek on the flat bike path to Bolzano that seemed endless. As we were coming into Bolzano, we texted Nicolas who said we were a bit too early so when we saw a playground, we took a break. It was a super fun playground with zip line, trampoline etc.



Even with waiting there, we ended up beating the van to Bolzano but we had ice cream and the kids rode a tiny little carousel there. Our lodging tonight was actually an apartment that was pretty amazing. It even had a rooftop deck and had a nice location next to stores and shops!







No comments: