Straight away, we went into the main museum which was having a cycling special exhibit. We had to do a little scavenger hunt which was a lot harder than expected but when we turned in our stamped answers, the receptionist didn't seem to care about our answers and gave us a prize anyways.
From there we went into the gardens where it was already getting pretty warm. It was pretty shady in parts and we went into a large bird cage and saw some cool parrots. From there, we headed to the garden of Love which had some shallow water which the kids really enjoyed.
On the hike down, we saw some goats and circled around some cool kid friendly features like some bridges and water wheel features (plus rabbits!). There was also a cave detour but at this point it was well past lunch time so we headed to the cafe to grab a bite though our bite became mostly an ice cream break. We usually end up having a big breakfast and then a very light lunch due to timing.
The kids explored the small hedge maze there a few times and on the way out, we went up to the pinball machine which was super cool.
After we went back, I took the kids to the Merano Therme. It was super nice - at one point, I took them over to the kiddie pool and slide which was super shallow so much more relaxing for me since Christopher couldn't swim. I dragged the kids out of there a little early though since I was hungry and wanted an early dinner at the hotel. No one else joined us from the trip but I was glad we ate early since I was able to get the kids asleep super early for once.
From there we went into the gardens where it was already getting pretty warm. It was pretty shady in parts and we went into a large bird cage and saw some cool parrots. From there, we headed to the garden of Love which had some shallow water which the kids really enjoyed.
On the hike down, we saw some goats and circled around some cool kid friendly features like some bridges and water wheel features (plus rabbits!). There was also a cave detour but at this point it was well past lunch time so we headed to the cafe to grab a bite though our bite became mostly an ice cream break. We usually end up having a big breakfast and then a very light lunch due to timing.
The kids explored the small hedge maze there a few times and on the way out, we went up to the pinball machine which was super cool.
After we went back, I took the kids to the Merano Therme. It was super nice - at one point, I took them over to the kiddie pool and slide which was super shallow so much more relaxing for me since Christopher couldn't swim. I dragged the kids out of there a little early though since I was hungry and wanted an early dinner at the hotel. No one else joined us from the trip but I was glad we ate early since I was able to get the kids asleep super early for once.

No comments:
Post a Comment