Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Brittany bike tour (part 3)

Day 5:


We headed out from Dinan on some cycling paths and hit a rails to trail path all the way to Dinard. Some of the easiest and flattest biking so far.



What we found in dinard was a pleasant surprise. The hotel quality was suddenly much better and we had a coastal view from our room! Too many pictures to choose from to upload but we took a day off from biking and checked out the town of St Malo the next day.




But the highlight of our trip was Mont st michel which is beyond amazing. Of course we did spend a day being lost on the route to the Mont and so we were really relieved as well when we finally found our way to it. It was a bit frustrating seeing the Mont ahead of us but having no idea on how to get there. I led people on some questionable dirt paths just aiming toward the Mont - in retrospect, I think I missed a key right turn...

No comments: