Sunday, August 22, 2010

24 hours

We went to vegas yesterday and now we are home. To be precise we were in vegas for around 24 hours which I have done previously in other trips. I remember fondly one trip with U/W where we ended up only sleeping 3-4 hours I think because W and I had booked early morning flights back to the bay area. I also remember that as the trip where we foolishly thought we could walk back from the Bally's area to Luxor because of the repeated mantra of "It doesn't look that far...". Yah, I learned my lesson there. Anyhow, I digress. We were in vegas to watch Jabbawockeez from ABDC (mostly b/c L is such a massive fan of the group so we were meeting him and others in vegas). Now that we are older though, I'm not as willing to exhaust ourselves on a 24 hour trip so I booked a reasonable time flight on saturday (10:45) and a 2:20pm return on Sunday. And I booked a really nice hotel room at Encore.

Once we got in, we did a little shopping and tried to stay out of the heat (it was freaking painful! I can't imagine how we walked the strip during the day in the past). When it got unbearable, we went back and lounged in our hotel room which was worth every $. Dinner was at Nobhill Tavern which is a Michael Mina restaurant. YUM is all I gotta say. Several people got the lobster pot pie that looked amazing and which they said was the highlight of the trip. I had some delicious mac and cheese and possibly the best bread pudding of my life. The show itself was fun - the dance group was pretty interactive which I liked but the audience was pretty low key. I expected a crazier fan audience. Then I remembered, the real fans have already seen this show back in May when it first came around. But it was really fun and well done.

1 comment:

u said...

augh - SO JEALOUS. We're huge Jabbawockeez fans. Sadly though, we're okay with figuring out travel and Peanut, or seeing a show and Peanut, but not travel AND seeing a show AND Peanut.