So C's parents don't bug us about kids at all instead they do the passive aggressive thing and complain about us to my parents who then feel free to share with me. Which of course then aggravates me. Their latest complaint is about thank you cards. They gave us a hard time for not sending out all the thank you cards for the wedding yet and it's been a whole 3 months in their mind which they think is ridiculous. Clearly they don't know about the year rule. So the thing is that we had decided that we would split the task based on guest list and I cranked away for a painful month getting mine all out so I'm mostly done. So when C's mom was giving us crap for not getting them all done yet (for C's side), I made some joking comment like "oh, that's C's task" which apparently made her really upset. I only found this out later from my mom that C's mom thinks that it is not C's task vs my task but both our responsibilities so I should be making sure it gets done. Sigh.
Then the in-laws gave us crap in person on wednesday b/c they said the picture we included in the thank you cards was too small. They asked if we were too cheap to get bigger prints or something. I was aghast. I tried to explain that it was a one size photo sticker and it wasn't a matter of choice or cost. I should have said "we could have just done no pictures at all."
Then the last complaint I heard was about etiquette. Apparently C's mom told my parents that we need to be taught better manners. We took C's parents out to lunch a few weekends ago and his brother and gf came along too. At the end of lunch, I signaled to C that we should pay so he brought out the card. I was surprised then that C's bro then offered to pay half (which has always been what happened in the past for birthday or parent meals). I did have a moment's thought "oh maybe we should pay for it all". But his brother just started pulling out his wallet so we let him pay for half. His mom again thought we were being so cheap and ridiculous by letting his brother pay and vented about this to my mom. Sigh again.
So I guess we are slowly getting trained which is her intent. Or I am at least.
2 comments:
wow. I just, er, wow.
That really really sucks.
They're only trying to train you because I'm untrainable.
Post a Comment