Friday, October 09, 2009

TV roundup

It's kind of insane how much tv we watch. There are 2 permanent indentations on the sofa now where we squat ourselves nightly. Here's the round up:

Amazing Race: This show can't go wrong really - rooting mostly for the globetrotters who just look ridiculously tall in asian countries, the father/son team, and that blond couple whose name I don't remember.

Brothers and Sisters: This show drives me crazy with characters that annoy the hell out of me (rebecca, jason, and ryan) and so I watch it on fast forward sadly.

HIMYM: I can't believe I never watched this show before. It's freaking awesome. Anyone own the dvds of the previous seasons?

Gossip Girl: Another show that has gotten hard to watch mostly because they make Blair do the most embarrassing things. sigh.

The Good Wife: I wasn't sure what to expect from this show but it focuses mostly on the law cases that the wife gets and it's really well done.

Stargate Universe: Actually C watches this show and then I finally sat through an episode asking him "why are they stuck on this ship? Why can't they go home? why why why". I'm sure he liked it better when I wasn't watching it with him.

Dollhouse: Every episode is hit or miss but still entertains me quite a bit.

We had tivo recording new pilots automatically as well so I also watched 1 episode of The Beautiful Life which was shockingly boring (I guess that's why it got cancelled after 2 episodes) and the Vampire diaries (where not much happened - i kept expecting more blood and gore).

Oh and in non tv land, we watched Zombieland this last weekend which was AWESOME. Though every preview we saw before the showing was of the world coming to an end or some horror movie (a remake of Nightmare on elm street?? really?) so I was a bit nervous as to how gory or scary zombieland would be. But it was quite a funny movie but we missed the outtakes after the credits. darn.

No comments: