So it's interesting how big a step it is considered to meet the friends of the person you are dating. And also if the friends they have you meet are couples or not. I consider it a good sign if you meet the friends that are couples because it's sort of like a double date and it's clear that the guy thinks of you as a couple. So Sat night, C and I went over to his friend's house (a couple with this adorably cute baby) and had dinner with them and this other couple.
It was really fun and relaxing in general - they were very open and friendly and of course the baby was a good source of entertainment. Well the other source of entertainment was when I went to the bathroom that had a very sticky door so I had this brief moment of panic (they did warn me) that I would be trapped in their bathroom when I couldn't immediately get the door open. What kind of impression would that have given really? I also wondered if they would talk about me when I took this bathroom break. I know my friends would have but then again, my friends are opinionated. Heh. They have all expressed their bitterness in not having met C yet. But really, I would have to ease him into that.
Of course my way of easing him into it is to have him meet 10 of my peeps at this backpacking trip next weekend. But really, deprivation and fatigue are things to bond over.
No comments:
Post a Comment