I started my new job today and I'll have to really censor myself after reading all that privacy junk in the orientation packet. Anyhoo, let's begin. The day began with me freaking out that I still did not know where or when my orientation with the parent company would be. I finally figured this out at 8:15 am and raced over for the 9am orientation. There were 30 people in this group! Apparently that is considered small (dang!). Ok I have to admit that orientation made me a bit uneasy (P is a scarily large and powerful company) - perhaps this blog entry will appear on their radar as I type. Also food is a dangerous thing - I discovered organic cheese puffs and other snacks just in the break room and of course the cafeteria was overwhelming.
I am very envious though that everyone got their laptops in nice backpacks. I got nothing! I went up north to my company afterwards where it was so different - I waltzed right in without any security and surprised everyone. I also got to put my own Ikea desk together as my first task (but I got help - the other folks said they had to put their own tables together). I put my table randomly in the middle of the room but perhaps I will move it around every day for kicks. I wandered into the break room there but only found dirty dishes and a few cans of soda. I feel like we are the neglected younger sibling but it is good for now that they leave us alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment