Tuesday, November 07, 2006

breaking up is hard to do

Or that's what it has felt like these last few weeks as I gave notice at work. I had to meet with my manager twice to finally get the words out. The first time I wasn't quite ready to say the words yet but my manager was asking me all these questions as to why I was unhappy and I kept answering with "because... It's just this feeling". Then i finally got frustrated with all the questions and teared up. Hmm, at least that stopped the questioning. We had to reschedule the 1-1 until a few days later and this time I finally had my story in my place and was able to give notice.

It's amazing to me how much more I feel appreciated here now that I've given notice. The amount of attention I've been getting is amazing. And some of the talks I have had have been very sad. It's hard to leave something you've been doing for the last 4 years and so easy to just become real comfortable in this position.

No comments: