especially in the Taiwanese community apparently. My parents were in town this last weekend and my dad had organized this dinner with his 2 other college friends. When we got to the restaurant, lo and behold who was there but J from stanford (friend of J doc in NY) whose husband T is apparently the son of my dad's college friend. Wow. We stood there in shock for a little bit but dinner turned out to be really fun as I caught up with J/T.
I think by this point, my parents have set me up with every Taiwanese guy they know in the bay area. One guy was at the dinner as well (my dad's other college friend's son) but he was married now with a baby. Turns out another guy my relatives have set me up with in the past is family friends with T. Luckily J met T way back or else I would have definitely have been set up with him at some point. Heh.
I think I've decided that marriage pressure is worse than baby pressure. J/T got a comment every 10 minutes from all the random people at dinner to hurry up and have babies. But at least they were two united against all the pressure and could laugh it off. But it did help a lot that they got all the comments that night at dinner instead of me for once.
No comments:
Post a Comment