![]() |
| Our campsite |
We left around 11:20 and got there around 4pm after an hour long lunch stop at the slowest KFC I have ever encountered.
I had booked 2 creekside campsites (175 and 177) which were right next to each other. The kids really enjoyed playing near the creek which was a plus but the site itself wasn't too big (175 in particular was kind of slopey). Lots of water spouts close by but the bathroom was a bit. I scoped out site 185 which had an adjacent site that seemed promising for the future.
So about that rain forecast, it started Sat night and rained a lot off and on Sunday morning. In the morning, luckily Jocelyn/Albert had a canopy that they put over the picnic table and during one of the breaks in the rain, Charles rigged up a tarp to hang up over some chairs to made the sheltered area larger. Of course, after this effort was done, the rain seemed to taper off which allowed us to attempt the Buzzard Roost's hike. I got worried when it started raining during our hike but then it stopped for the entire hike. Phew!
The end of the hike was pretty steep but there was surprisingly little whining from my kids - I can't say the same was true of the other children though...
Small children plus the wet conditions caused John/Madeleine to head home after 1 night and Jocelyn/Albert also did the same after dinner. We held down the fort with Stan/Rose and on Monday, we dropped by Monterey to do a little biking on the great but crowded bike path there.



No comments:
Post a Comment