Today, D came down from the city and did the bike ride portion with C from our house up to skyline and page mill where we met up. Remind me not to drive up page mill on a saturday - so many cyclists to avoid :) Shortly before I reached skyline, I realized the entire top of skyline was blanketed in fog. Brrr. I was tempted to call the guys and suggested we go down to montebello which had sunny skies. I parked near horseshoe lake and could hear deep breathing still in the backseat. So I wanted to sit back and browse the web only to discover there was no service to be found. Sigh. I really should start bringing a book since it seems we frequently end up in places with poor cell service.
BabyH woke up 30 mins later and as I was reaching over to get her out of the carseat, C knocked on the window which made me scream in surprise. Did I mention how the parking lot was kind of desolate and deserted feeling? The boys were completely caked in mud and said it was a little chilly. So I guess this would be the perfect hike for today then because the ridge hike was completely exposed. We hiked over to alpine pond and back - about 3 miles total.
View 2/12/2012 11:47 AM in a larger mapThe fog had a very cool effect on the pond:
No comments:
Post a Comment