I can't believe it's been 4 weeks already since the baby's arrival. I can barely remember it already since I'm still in a very sleep deprived state. Everytime I read babycenter forums, it seems like another mom posts that her baby is sleeping through the night. argh! All I ask for is 3 hours of continuous sleep. That would be a victory at this point. Heh. Though once I get that, I'll be asking for 4 hours. I know, I know. I'm greedy.
So my latest quest is to figure out how to make her sleep longer at night. And the answer to that is probably time but now I know why amazon is kind of a bad thing for sleep deprived parents. I'll read about how the miracle blanket made one baby sleep 5 hours at a time and so I'll want to go get one myself even though we already have a ton of swaddles. But maybe this will be the trick! Heh.
Yesterday was her one month birthday and she gave me a present of actually sleeping in 2.5 hour stretches now! That extra half hour unfortunately was negated by my inability to fall asleep right away last night. Which is the most frustrating thing ever. You would think I would just pass out the moment I became horizontal. Urgh. But I still cheer this milestone. The other milestone (if you can call it that) is that she no longer poops constantly. Tho now it does mean she saves it all for one major poop. Which happened to be this morning and came squirting out in 1 big arc while I was busy inspecting her little bum for diaper rash. (At least I didn't have my face up in there). I just stood there in horror and said "shit". Which was quite fitting. Then I woke C up for help since I was trapped in a state of paralysis trying to cover up the source of the flying poo. It hit our bed and C's jacket unfortunately so laundry time again today.... Maybe it's time to put up a plastic protective barrier around the whole area.
No comments:
Post a Comment