Monday, April 18, 2011

my day

So my days feel like that movie groundhog day since it is essentially the same pattern. I'm guessing from now on, everything will be governed by the baby's schedule:

It all starts at midnight.

Midnight: feed baby, try to get her back to sleep which sometimes takes a minute and sometimes takes a a good hour. Browse babycenter forums while nursing.

3 am: Repeat. Hope there is not a leaky diaper. Read some kindle books and check facebook while nursing.

6 am: Try and sleep through baby waking up noises to get a few more minutes of sleep. Feed baby. Realize that nothing happens on facebook at this hour.

9 am: C alarm goes off a little before this time. Feed baby. Read emails on phone.

10-10:30 am: Drag self out of bed after baby is fed and forage for breakfast. Ponder whether I should bother changing out of pajamas today or shower (depending if I'm alone at home right now or not).

11-noon: Keep eating knowing that I need to put food in my body when I have a chance. Do some errands/work on laptop. Ponder why baby sleeps so well during the day but not at night.

12:30: Feed baby. IM people on tablet while nursing.

1:30-2pm: Ponder taking a nap knowing that baby could wake up in an hour. Wonder if a 60 minute nap even does anything for my body at this point. Pass out anyways.

3pm: Feed baby. IM people on tablet while nursing.

4:30 pm: Ponder taking another nap but surf the web instead.

5:30 pm: Feed baby

6:30 pm: Eat dinner and hope C comes home soon

8 pm: Bath time for baby

9 pm: Feed baby and get her to sleep. Pass out immediately afterwards as well.

It is ever so exciting. For a change of pace, we actually had some visitors come by on Saturday which was nice. Really motivated me to brush my hair though I think I greeted them all in pajamas.

1 comment:

uk said...

ooh, you're taking visitors?