So I have to admit I'm a sucker for anything. C took me to the home and garden expo last year and after an hour of me impulse buying too many things, he made us leave before I ended up buying a fancy rain gutter system or something. So I had been eyeing this new fitness class that was in menlo park called the dailey method. The reviews were awesome and people said it completely changed their bodies. It seemed like the sort of thing that would be insanely popular in LA and NY and you would be surrounded by people with extremely toned bodies. (That was my one experience with yoga in santa monica). So when I discovered that they had opened up a studio in Los Altos, I jumped at the opportunity.
Basically it's a combination of weights, pilates, yoga, and ballet. I convinced DanceJ to sign up with me for the 30 day package and I gotta say that holding 2 lb weights was exhausting. My arms felt like they were about to fall off. The class seemed to be mostly moms and housewives and so I was determined to keep up with them because if they could do it, I had to be able to too. (Okay I did end up having to secretly rest at times). And we did these quad exercises yesterday that caused my thighs to shake in extreme pain. Yowzers. Right now what is most sore though is my ab area. Sneezing is terribly painful. I almost tried to hold in my sneezing but that didn't work out too well either.
So what does this mean? I think it means I haven't done enough core/strength training work in a long long time. Oh and this class has disrupted my other two goals of finishing my yoga packages and biking every day. oops. I'm going to try and combine biking and this class tomorrow at least. Maybe some combination of these classes and cardio is the key. Or I'll be developing some strong ab muscles under a nice layer of belly fat.
No comments:
Post a Comment