So I was eager to see if my fitness was better now. The weather was nice on saturday (not too hot) so I knew that the conditions would be favorable at least. The steepest part of the climb comes immediately in the first mile which amazingly enough was quite manageable. I should have had my heart rate monitor on to know for sure but based on my rate of gasping for air, I would say I wasn't at my max which was surprising. Actually, I know a hill climb is bad when I'm counting the pedal strokes to the top of the hill and trying to make myself go another 10. That only happened once this climb. So the rest of the climb was uneventful, there is a nice flat plateau in the middle where I had the thought that I should gear up and go faster but I just kept it nice and easy. S and C caught me coming down the hill right around mile 4.2 so I was already a little farther than last time. They continued past me to find M who was behind me. I continued up to the top and the sight of the end gate was so glorious that i had to take a picture. The picture is not that impressive by itself since it doesn't show how high up we got but I had to record the moment.

The other goals of going to yoga more and losing weight are not going as well. I still have to try to get myself to yoga (especially now that my leg muscles are probably tighter from biking so much) and despite giving up dessert at work, my weight hasn't changed (Tho i can perhaps hope that the flabbiness is going away).
No comments:
Post a Comment