I'm not sure why it took us so long to realize that the Stevens creek trail had finally been extended way closer to our house for our work commutes. I finally took a look at the trail map and realized it came all the way to Sleeper Ave in Mountain view. So it finally motivated us to wake up early last Friday and bike to work (of course it also turned out to be a 100 degree day in the south bay. ugh ). But the awesomeness of the trail was amazing and made me almost forget how hot it was outside. It was a much more straightforward and safer route for me to get to work and I was amazed I hadn't thought of it before. Previously we cut through downtown mt view to get on the trail farther down near dana street. Now we get on miles earlier and are able to meander mostly through residential neighborhoods for the non trail sections.
Of course looking at how much this trail has cost so far (around $17 million) does make me feel slightly guilty. Why do government projects cost so much? They added a pedestrian/bike overpass over moffett which was completely unnecessary. The crosswalk was perfectly workable before. But I guess now I never have to stop once I'm on the trail which was the purpose.
No comments:
Post a Comment