Tuesday, March 31, 2009

the vet

So after a few more vomits from Sasha the cat, I packed her up to take her to Adobe Animal Hospital in Los Altos. They had separate dog and cat entrances but when I went in the cat entrance, I realized it just went to the same reception area so that seemed silly. Everyone had really cute cat carrier bags for their cats (I even saw one lady have the cat carrier as a roller bag - that must be one fat cat in there).

We sat down to wait and there was a cat named Winston who got taken away to the exam room and then we heard his meows become howls. I wasn't sure if I should have tried to comfort Sasha who had to listen to this. Then off we went in to our own exam room and the assistant tried to get sasha out of the carrier but she was huddled in the back so finally we just tilted it onto its side forcing her to slide out. First order of business was to weigh her and she was a whopping 11.75 pounds. So she's a little pudgy. The vet came in after that and suggested a few things to try and ordered a blood test for her just to make sure she was healthy. Next thing I know, two technicians came in ready to draw blood. I guess they were mentally prepared for all sorts of crazy cat behavior for the blood drawing because one got sasha into a stranglehold so she couldn't move and they first tried to draw blood from her hindleg but were unsuccessful. Next they tried her throat but no lucky either. (This was all really hard to watch by the way). Finally they had to call in the super technician guy who apparently was the best at drawing blood and he was finally successful. Poor sasha - it reminded me of when I donate blood and they are unable to find my vein - I get very aggravated.

But at least her test results came back showing she is healthy.

No comments: