So it was time for the annual shopping expedition known as day after xmas shopping (we missed black friday this year due to the cruise). When my mom woke me up at 7am, I wasn't really feeling the desire to go but since my parents already woke me up, I couldn't get back to sleep. First thing I realized was that it was still dark out and I was up before the chickens were. That's just crazy. They are up at the crack of dawn. I saw them come out of their house 10 mins later so I guess I was only up a few minutes before they were.
So I do admit the good thing about going so early is the plethora of parking but it was also freezing cold. When we got into Macy's, it was already a madhouse but then I realized it was because of the mob of asian people in the petites section getting deals on sweaters and jackets. Once I went over to the non-petites section, it was much calmer - then again I was also in non sale designer clothing. But I had to go back over to the crazy section to find my mom which was really hard when everyone is a short asian woman. When we left the mall, the parking lot and freeway exits to get to the mall were insane so okay my mom was right to get there so early.
We headed over to the pruneyard next which is usually packed with cars but it was half empty. I guess everyone was at Valley Fair. We were there to look at Mother of the bride dresses but I was shocked to discover how much they cost: The range was $300-800 just from the few I glanced at. And I thought bridesmaid dresses were a rip. dang.
No comments:
Post a Comment