Wednesday, March 19, 2008

what do you get?

when you take two sets of crazy, marriage obsessed Taiwanese parents and put them in the same place. That's right - you get some overjoyed parents who just want to put even more pressure on. This last weekend, my parents were in town and C and I decided we should have them meet (Yes, I know - what were we thinking?). But both sets of parents really really wanted to meet each other and we figured what was the harm?

In summary, they basically are in love with each other and spent hours talking which left C and I free of parental obligation which was kind of nice. What wasn't so nice is that they spent the whole evening talking about us (of course) which made me wish I didn't understand Taiwanese so I could just tune them out. Lucky C could gleefully ignore them all.

And I've decided that me alone in a car with my parents is the most aggravating place to be. That's when they have all the time in the world to harass me and I'm trapped with nowhere to go. And these were only 20 minute car rides!

No comments: