Thursday, March 27, 2008

my poor teeth

So I got braces last week but only partially since I opted to get some teeth extracted (yes i know - what was I thinking) but everything will fit better this way or so they say. I was debating between going to an oral surgeon (more money) or just the dentist two streets down. After reading reviews of this oral surgeon, I decided a 5 star dentist has gotta be good.

So when I got my wisdom teeth yanked out in college, my mom took me to the local chinese dentist in the area who forcibly just yanked them out of my mouth. I still remember the forceful yanks quite vividly - yes, local anesthesia. I think I have a greater fear of pain now or maybe more options at least so I opted for general today. I unluckily had an assistant who couldn't find the vein in my left arm so I finally had to tell her after many painful jabs that I usually donate blood from my right arm for that reason. Then they proceeded to strap my arms and legs down to the chair! I think i was shaking slightly from fear at this point - I was feeling slightly paranoid that somehow I wouldn't go under and they would start slicing away.

The next thing I know, I'm in the recuperating chair and now 4 hours later, my mouth is no longer numb but I don't feel any pain and all I took was on ibuprofen immediately after the extraction. Best of all is that I have no swelling. Probably the most discomfort I feel is from the teeth that have braces. Amazing. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself. But I should go add a review to yelp now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wah! you are a brave girl!