Wednesday, January 23, 2008

sundance shenanigans

So 8 of us went to the sundance film festival this last weekend. I first ran into an old coworker of mine on the same flight to Utah which was really funny. I also discovered that J's little sister was there in park city as well. But for both people, they were all there for the skiing and not for the movies - we were there for both.

C and I watched 4 movies:

Up The Yangtze - very well done documentary and it was cool to have the director follow up on how the family was doing.

Some shorts - the one that stayed with me afterwards was August 15th which was disturbing. I also loved Isabella Rossellini's Green Porno shorts. Those were awesome and targeted for mobile devices (1 minute long shorts). Hopefully I can find them online soon. Looks like most of the shorts will be available on itunes apparently.

Phoebe in wonderland - Probably my favorite of the four. I was just wowed by this movie and patricia clarkson was there looking very glamorous.

Sugar - baseball movie that I thought was a trifle long but once again really well done. C liked this over Phoebe in wonderland.

And yes, the skiing was also fabulous albeit a trifle chilly...

1 comment:

DrYuen2005 said...

I can't believe there is no mention of THE highlight of the trip: measuring 20 ounces.