So this last weekend we went to go pick up my new mountain bike - a fancy full suspension women's specific bike. While we were there getting it all set up for me, another customer was admiring it and then he realized it was for me and I think he was kind of surprised by that. His first comment was "Have you ridden a mountain bike before?" I responded no (wasn't sure exactly if he meant if I've ridden one a lot or anything) and he basically said back "It's really hard. You're going to be surprised". It was kind of annoying actually - I guess he just saw me as another one of those random people who go into bike shops and just buys the highest end bike without knowing anything about it. Well ok, so I don't know anything about it but C does and that counts right?
On the way out with my bike, the guy shouted to C "you probably don't want to take her out when it's so muddy. She probably won't like that." Ok, so now i'm a pampered princess apparently. But we did go riding in the mud on Sunday and one of my biggest fears was getting stuck in the mud and falling into it. Well at least it would be soft.
1 comment:
Yeah that guy was pretty condescending and annoying. He probably had bike envy.
Post a Comment