Tuesday, December 18, 2007

dirt is good

Last weekend, I went to a mountain bike womens clinic that my sister's friend told me about. It was run by this lady who is trying to get more women into mountain biking. I figured it should hopefully be easy enough since Grace mentioned that at the last clinic, there were a few folks who hadn't been on a bike in 10 years. So I borrowed a mountain bike (that charles looked at scornfully and said it barely counted as a true mountain bike) and headed out to stevens creek park. I gotta admit - it was fun bouncing around in the dirt (plus the bike squeaked tons which made me sound like a crazed rubber ducky). I think I got a bit cocky though because of all the really easy drills we were doing. So when we finally got to go on a trail and had to go down a steep single track, I sort of just zoomed off and then had a panic attack and completely ate it. The instructor said she was impressed with my aggressive nature. Heh. I think that qualifies as being foolhardy.

What seems to be even scarier is that now I'm looking into buying a mountain bike for real. I will be buying some full body padding as well.

No comments: